Re: [Orgmode] Symmetric encryption with org-crypt.el?

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Symmetric encryption with org-crypt.el?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:08:49 +0100

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Rick,

I don't think anyone has done this, but I would certainly welcome
someone taking up org-crypt.el, adding different options like you
suggest.  I'd be happy to work out the UI, but I do not know anything
about encryption or Emacs packages supporting it.

- Carsten

Thanks Carsten, I know a tiny bit about encryption, but I'm no guru. I took a quick look at easypg which org-crypt appears to use, and being a frontend to GnuPG it seems to support the use of symetric keys.

I'm convinced that it should be a trivial job, but I'm not familiar enough with any of the packages to know precisely what needs done.

If I find some more time, in the next few weeks, I might take another look.

R.