Re: [Orgmode] Re: possible latex export bug

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: possible latex export bug
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:46:20 +0200

Hi Austin,

please give it another try, I think I have fixed this problem.

- Carsten

On Oct 13, 2008, at 5:56 AM, Austin Frank wrote:

On Fri, Oct 10 2008, Carsten Dominik wrote:

I believe this bug has been fixed recently by Bastien.  Could you
please check and confirm that this is the case?

Carsten and Bastien--

I still get this behavior.  To reproduce

1.  Start emacs with emacs -Q
2.  Evaluate the line

 (require 'org-install)

3.  Open a new file, tesing.org.  Execute M-x org-mode.
4.  Put the following content in testing.org

* test
#+BEGIN_LATEX
\begin{verbatim}
a <- 3
\end{verbatim}
#+END_LATEX

5.  Execute org-export-as-latex by C-c C-e l
6.  Output is

% Created 2008-10-12 Sun 23:43
\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\title{testing}
\author{Austin Frank}
\date{12 October 2008}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents

\section{test}
\label{sec-1}

\begin{verbatim}
a <- 3
\end{verbatim}
#+END_LATEX

\end{document}

I also am seeing that file-local variables at the bottom of the file are
still exported into the latex.  For now I'm assuming that it's the same
bug, but if the #+END_LATEX bug gets fixed and the other persists, I'll
file another report :)

Org-mode version 6.09a
GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, *Step 9.0) of
2008-10-12

Just to be sure, I also ran

 git diff origin lisp/org-exp.el
 git diff origin lisp/org-export.el

and found no differences between my local copy and the copy in the
origin repository.  I think that's the right way to check, but feel free
to correct me if I'm comparing things incorrectly.

Thanks,
/au

--
Austin Frank