[Orgmode] Re: Incompatible change in latest push

From: James TD Smith
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Incompatible change in latest push
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:23:26 +0100

On 2008-10-16 08:28:29(-0400), Bernt Hansen wrote:
> Thanks for restoring the old behaviour.
>
> This was confusing me a bit -- I have lots of tasks where the clock
> drawer is way down in the body of the task after lots of repeated 'DONE'
> notes (for some of my cyclic tasks).  I was used to the latest DONE note
> being at the top and all of a sudden it looked to me like the logging of
> the repeated task stopped working - but in fact the entry was placed
> after my :CLOCK: drawer somewhere in the middle of the task and was much
> harder to find.

Ah, I didn't think of that. Sorry. I had been manually moving my drawers back to
the top of the entry since I noticed them moving. Adding the note after the
CLOCK drawer when the drawer is not at the start of the entry is completely
wrong; the note insertion code should only skip drawers if they are immediately
after the scheduling keywords.

I'll work on a patch which will fix this.

> There is no rule that I'm aware of that the drawer needs to be at the
> top of the task.  My drawers have moved down for some tasks over the
> years because other things were inserted at the top of the task by org
> during regular note taking.

I'm not so much concerned with the drawers being at the top of the entry as
their being in a well-defined place in it. Org inserts them at the start of the
entry, so I'm used to them being there, and as I have
`org-cycle-include-plain-lists' set, it prevents them from being hidden.

Isn't it inconvenient having the clock drawer somewhere in the middle of an
entry, for example if you want to adjust clock times?

James

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/address@hidden>-|