Re: [Orgmode] Org + Images -> Tex -> PDF

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org + Images -> Tex -> PDF
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 01:03:22 +0530

  On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
  > Hi Manish,
  >

  > I guess the reason to not include images was, that it would (have)
  > require(d) the inclusion of special packages:
  >
  > \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
  >
  > which might not be installed (correct me if I'm wrong).
  > But nowadays I feel this package is installed in each and every
  > LaTeX installation!? Even Debian switched to texlive.
  >
  > Anyway, if graphicx is missing, the compilation will fail.
  >

  > Russell Adams wrote:
  >>
  >> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 07:20:53PM +0530, Manish wrote:
  >>>
  >>> Hello,
  >>>
  >>> I wonder how to add an image (PNG) to an Org file so that it can be
  >>> exported to latex and compiled using pdflatex?  I tried adding a link
  >>> using "[[./load.png][Server Load]]" but it only shows a link (which
  >>> also doesn't seem to work.)
  >>>
  >>> I currently add images to Tex documents like so:
  >>>
  >>> ,----
  >>> `----
  >>>

  >> Thats how I'm doing it currently.

Thanks Russel and Sebastian.

I do have graphicx installed but I had two issues:
1. image that I included in org file did not use \includegraphics in
   the tex file.
2. preamble of tex file did not include \usepackage{graphicx}.

So for 1, I am enclosing the image (the whole \includegraphics etc.)
in a BEGIN_LaTeX and END_LaTeX.  And for 2, I am trying to define a
custom class using "org-export-latex-classes" that will include
graphicx and other packages that I use.  I guess the setup will take
some work but then it should be one time setup and I hope not to edit
the tex files much after that and go from org to PDF in one fell
swoop.  I do not enjoy editing tex files.

Another thing I noticed is that a table in org file appears fine in
produced but does not appear in the \listoftables unless wrapped in a
\begin{table}..\end{table}.  Is there an automated/simple way to do
this?

Thanks again,
--
Manish