Re: [Orgmode] Re: Error exporting indirect buffer to ASCII

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Error exporting indirect buffer to ASCII
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:37:47 +0200

OK, thanks, I got it now.  Fixed.

- Carsten

On Oct 22, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Vladi Solutka wrote:

Hi!

Well, the code snippet you mentioned is only reached if that variable
is set, or f you export using a double prefix argument..

Anyway, I believe this problem is now fixed, get back to me if it
persists in the latest git version.

I just took the latest git snapshot and get the same error
(after doing an "M-x org-export-as-ascii" from an indirect org buffer):

-----------------------snip----------------------------
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
 file-name-nondirectory(nil)
 org-export-as-ascii(nil)
 call-interactively(org-export-as-ascii)
 execute-extended-command(nil)
 call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

As far as I can see, the variable org-export-run-in-background is never
referenced in the function 'org-export-as-ascii'.

Instead, in org-exp.el:2193 the filename is build up from using
'buffer-file-name' (line 2199) which is nil since the indirect
buffer doesn't have an associated filename.

--- \\/ladi