[Orgmode] Question about emitting

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Question about emitting
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:07:03 -0500

I'd be interested in working on this.  I have to use a couple of wikis,
so I have been working on some code to generate wiki format out of Org.

I'd be interested in cooperating with anyone who takes up Carsten's
challenge to help with org exporting.  I'm particularly interested
because I'd like to see it structured with some kind of abstraction that
supports modification.

Right now, in order to integrate with the export code that's already
there, I've made org-export-as-trac starting from a copy of
org-export-as-html.  To avoid writing everything completely from
scratch,  I've had to do a lot of really icky code using advice, for
example, stuff like this (from my code to emit trac markup):

(defadvice org-open-par (around enable-trac-export activate)
  (if *trac-exporting*
      "\n\n\n"
      ad-do-it))

This is my way to override the default behavior from html export
(org-exp.el).

It would be a lot nicer, and a lot more extensible to alternative
markups (there are a zillion wiki syntaxes, all very close to each other
--- we probably wouldn't want to make them all from scratch), if we
could do something like simulate method dispatch on some format-type
parameter.  Unfortunately, emacs lisp doesn't provide any bona fide
method dispatch, so it would have to be simulated in some way.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd be interested in brainstorming
on this.

Best,