Re: [Orgmode] How you can help

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How you can help
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 11:11:26 -0500

> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:55:41 +0100
> From: Ben Alexander <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How you can help
> To: Sebastian Rose <address@hidden>
> Cc: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode <address@hidden>
>
> Well, I was just looking at http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs-fr/UnitTesting
>
> Unfortunately for me, I can't tell if Emacs comes with any builtin
> framework already, so I downloaded one of the many options listed on
> that page to my local site-lisp directory:
> http://www.wanglianghome.org/svn/test/test.el
>
> The personal issue I have is that I'm on a Mac, using Aquamacs, and
> the command line version of emacs is a different binary, so there
> might be trouble when a test passes at the command line, but fails
> where it matters to me. I don't even make sure that org-mode is up to
> date at the command line.  I thought it wasn't, but I just checked and
> now it is.  Plus, I don't really understand internals of emacs (like
> basic internals: I understand point and mark, buffer and file, but not
> transient mark, indirect buffer, symbols vs strings, window vs tab vs
> frame)

Actually, if you want, you *can* run Aquamacs from the command line, but
it can be a pain to do it.  I figured out how to do this when I was
trying to use the Makefile for org-mode.  I ended up with the following
emacs command-line:

EMACS=/Applications/Aquamacs\ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs\ Emacs

and this line for batchmode compiling.  Note that I had to augment the
standard emacs command-line -q option with Aquamacs' -Q:

BATCH=$(EMACS) -batch -Q -q -eval                             \
 "(progn (add-to-list (quote load-path) (expand-file-name \"./lisp/\")) \
        (add-to-list (quote load-path) \"$(lispdir)\"))"

HTH,