Re: [Orgmode] Re: How you can help

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: How you can help
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:13:55 -0400

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:49 AM, Richard Riley
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The nature of OSS means that the community using the product keep it
> stable and bug free. I dont think the efforts to produce meaningful
> regression tests would be beneficial in an ever morphing product like
> org-mode. Clearly my humble opinion on that one :-;

I don't know of a single open-source project with more than one or two
developers which doesn't have a suite of regression tests.  In fact, I
know of a number of OSS projects which *will not* accept a patch
unless tests accompany it.  Once a codebase grows beyond a one-person
pet project, tests become increasingly necessary for maintainability.

--
Avdi

Home: http://avdi.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/avdi