Re: [Orgmode] Re: worg for bug reports and feature requests was: (Regres

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: worg for bug reports and feature requests was: (Regression testing for org-mode)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:12:51 +0200

While full fletched bug tracker is a _very_ usefull tool for developers,
it's a drag for users.

As for the users, I'm not shure if we should urge them to use a bug
tracking system at all. The list works so fine and natural. It's
is quite low/medium traffic with those bug reports.

As Richard Riley statud lately, it often turns out, that the 'bug'
boiles down to some configuration problem. Lots of testing is done by the users, simply by using org. Since we still don't have a complete set
of automated tests, this will be the case for quite some time.

And, the list is, what everyone reads. Sometimes new people show up,
read about a bug and provide patches. Why 'hide' the bugs somewhere?

That said, I still believe a bug tracker as an 'internal' tool for the testers/developers would be of _great_ help.

IMO, it would definitively make sense to use bugzilla or track
for that. I don't want to implement all those features from scratch,
that make a bug tracker usefull.

Where will such a system live?
Who installs and maintains it?

Robert Goldman wrote: