Re: [Orgmode] Re: worg for bug reports and feature requests was: (Regres

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: worg for bug reports and feature requests was: (Regression testing for org-mode)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:44:31 -0700

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> And, the list is, what everyone reads. Sometimes new people show up,
> read about a bug and provide patches. Why 'hide' the bugs somewhere?

Point taken, the list has worked very well, and there is probably no
need to change it.

That said I couldn't help myself... and implemented a very simple little
web-form which can accept error reports, and append them to a "bugs.org"
org-file.  This gives every new report it's own headline in the outline,
uses TODO keywords to track the status of the report, uses properties to
track information such as the type of the report, and who is responsible
for completion, and it comments out the users input using the "^: "
syntax, to thwart any malicious inputs.  I know, I know, we should use a
mature bug tracking system or none at all, but org seems so well suited,
and this is so small.  How much trouble could it cause? :)

> Where will such a system live?
> Who installs and maintains it?

also, this solves the above problems, because if such a page were to
live as part of worg, then the resulting bugs.org files could live in
the worg git repo, and be maintained by worgers...

Thanks -- Eric

The attached mini-web-application is a ruby "camping" application, it
will build and maintain a bug file named "bugs.org" in the same
directory the script is located in.