[Orgmode] feature request: org-patch command

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: [Orgmode] feature request: org-patch command
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 21:25:11 -0700

To make it easier to patch correctly, perhaps it would help if you
could visit an org file, and simply call an org-patch command that
would do something like this:

  - create a directory as a sibling to the org source dir if it does not exist
  - put the original and a copy in it
  - remind the user to put it in load-path in front of org
  - let you edit the copy
  - give you hints on org coding style
  - remind you to use short functions that do only one thing
  - tell you how to instrument for testing
  - remind you of gnu requirements
  - tell you to run org-patch-diff to create a temporary buffer with
the correct diff output

At least, if I wanted to, say, correct a typo in an org function, I
wouldn't bother unless I could do it this easily, for fear of getting
it wrong.