[Orgmode] org-cycle broken when cursor is at ellipses

From: Ben Alexander
Subject: [Orgmode] org-cycle broken when cursor is at ellipses
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:49:46 +0000

So about this bug...

I think I've figured out why I get this so often. I use Aquamacs on MacOS X, and it seems to store (in ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/places.el) a list of files and values for point.

Something about the timing of this means that point is left somewhere in the body (or maybe subheading?) of a headline, even though org-mode presents the file in 'Overview'. Since the point is in an unexpected location, even though the cursor looks fine, (org-cycle) doesn't work as it looks like it should.

I think I'd like to turn off the 'places.el' thing.

And I reiterate: this is really a tiny issue. Just hitting C-a fixes the state of point.