Re: [Orgmode] org-cycle broken when cursor is at ellipses

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-cycle broken when cursor is at ellipses
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:47:31 +0100

Hi Ben

this is what I do not like about AquaEmacs, that it installs all kinds of defaults which you might not want.

You can turn off saveplace with

(setq-default save-place nil)

You might still have to remove places.el.

Or you can make sure that the cursor always starts out at the beginning of a visible line with

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
   (lambda () (let (org-special-ctrl-a/e) (org-beginning-of-line))))

Then saveplace will get its will by moving the cursor to the recent location, but the cursor would be moved to the beginning of a visible line near that location.

Or you can make sure that the point visited by saveplace will be visible, with

(eval-after-load "saveplace"
  '(defadvice save-place-find-file-hook (after org-make-visible activate)
     "Make the position visible."
     (org-bookmark-jump-unhide)))

I am actually putting this last piece of code into org.el.

HTH

- Carsten