[Orgmode] Strange behavior of C-RET and C-S-RET

From: Sergey A.
Subject: [Orgmode] Strange behavior of C-RET and C-S-RET
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:50:53 -0700

Hello.

Firstly, thanks for org-mode! This mode is awesome!

I think I've found a bug (but this bug is of little importance).

For example, I have the following folded headline:

*[*]* Read books...

where [] indicates where cursor is. In this case the cursor is over
the second asterisk (this note is important).

If I want to create another headline which is of the same level as the
current one I should press C-<RET>.

Here is what happens when I do that:

*** Read books
*** []

Content of the "Read books" headline isn't losed, but wrong position
of "..." confuses me (and maybe forces some users to think that the
content was losed).

The same happens when using C-S-<RET> instead of C-<RET>.

I use org-mode 6.10c, coming with the latest emacs from CVS.

Here is part of my config file related to org-mode:

;; The following lines are always needed.  Choose your own keys.
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)  ; Org buffers only

(setq org-special-ctrl-a/e t)
(setq org-hide-leading-stars t)
(setq org-odd-levels-only t)
(setq org-cycle-separator-lines 1)