Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish - too many index.org files

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish - too many index.org files
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 06:50:21 -0600

Hi Carsten,

> Hi Matthew,
>
> what org version are you using?
>
> Because I believe that in the current version, those buffers will be
> killed, if they have been visited to get published.  Only buffers
> which are already present  then starting the publishing will not be
> killed.
>
> At least this is how it should work.

I am using Org-mode 6.10c. I just did a test. I started up emacs with
no file buffers loaded. I then ran M-x org-publish RET project-name.
After the project was published, my buffer menu contained all the org
files in the project.

Here is my org-publish-project-alist configuration:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(
        ("org-notes"
         :base-directory "~/mystuff/website/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "[ssh to my site here]"
         :section-numbers nil
         :email "[my email address here]"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :recursive t
         :auto-index t
         :style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\"
href=\"css/myorg.css\" />"
         :preamble "<div id=\"menu\">
<ul>
</ul>
         :index-filename "pagelist.org"
         :index-title "Page List"
         :link-validation-function org-publish-validate-link
         )
        ("org-static"
         :base-directory "~/mystuff/website/"
         :publishing-directory "[ssh to my site here]"
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "css\\|js\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif\\|pdf\\|mp3\\|ogg\\|swf"
         :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
         )
        ("org"
         :components
         ("org-notes" "org-static"))
        ))

My apologies in advance if I goofed something up in the configuration.

Thanks,
Matt