Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish - too many index.org files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish - too many index.org files
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:25:47 +0100

Hi Matthew,

if you turn off the auto-index, do the buffers then disappear?

Thanks for checking this out.

- Carsten

On Nov 2, 2008, at 1:50 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Hi Matthew,

what org version are you using?

Because I believe that in the current version, those buffers will be
killed, if they have been visited to get published.  Only buffers
which are already present  then starting the publishing will not be
killed.

At least this is how it should work.

I am using Org-mode 6.10c. I just did a test. I started up emacs with
no file buffers loaded. I then ran M-x org-publish RET project-name.
After the project was published, my buffer menu contained all the org
files in the project.

Here is my org-publish-project-alist configuration:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
     '(
        ("org-notes"
         :base-directory "~/mystuff/website/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "[ssh to my site here]"
         :section-numbers nil
         :email "[my email address here]"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :recursive t
         :auto-index t
:style "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"css/ myorg.css\" />"
         :preamble "<div id=\"menu\">
<ul>
</ul>
         :index-filename "pagelist.org"
         :index-title "Page List"
         :link-validation-function org-publish-validate-link
         )
        ("org-static"
         :base-directory "~/mystuff/website/"
         :publishing-directory "[ssh to my site here]"
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "css\\|js\\|png\\|jpg\\|gif\\|pdf\\|mp3\\|ogg\\|swf"
         :publishing-function org-publish-attachment
         )
        ("org"
         :components
         ("org-notes" "org-static"))
        ))

My apologies in advance if I goofed something up in the configuration.

Thanks,
Matt