Re: [Orgmode] Org publish syndication [dynamic web with org]

From: mdl
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org publish syndication [dynamic web with org]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:14:34 -0600

Eric,

Thanks so much for the reply. You raise many of the questions that I
myself have been wondering about recently.

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Matt,
>
> This is a very interesting project.  I am looking forward to seeing what
> you come up with.  The hardest part to me seems to be triggering a
> publish action when one of your subtrees needs to be added to the feed.

I given my initial brainstorming further thought, and I think I'll
start simply---i.e., ability to generate a feed from 1st level DONE
headlines on a single page. More than that seems unnecessarily complex
at the moment, given the general interest in dynamic websites that use
org-mode files for their data.

> the creation of a wiki in which the markup syntax is org-mode,

This would be incredible. Ikiwiki (written in Perl) comes to mind as
flat-file wiki that stores revisions in git or subversion.

http://ikiwiki.info/

> 1) Would we want Emacs to run a web-server so we can keep everything in
>    elisp?
> 2) Would we want to use some outside language/platform to handle the
>    actual web-programming?
> 3) How would we integrate org-mode with another language (externally
>    visible org-mode API exposed by a running Emacs)??
>
> Thanks -- Eric

I look forward to hearing what others have to say about these
questions.

Best,
Matt