Re: [Orgmode] Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export ascii-images using ditaa when targeting HTML?
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:33:31 +0100

>>  ditaa has no option to adjust the background color, but if I use ditaa
>>  from the commandline, the background color is white.
>
> For what it is worth, I have no problems with the background, it is white all
> right.  Maybe it is transparent?

No, it is black indeed. But I found out, what it is.

This line

    (shell-command (concat "java -jar " ditaa-jar-path " " args " " data-file "
" out-file))

calls another java than this command line:

     java -jar ~/bin/ditaar.jar /tmp/org-ditaa5607fgk

Yes, that seems to be the reason:

    /usr/bin/java is that free GNU java stuff that comes with Debian
    (some packages depend on it). It's deadslow and makes the black
    background.

    The commandline calls:

    sh$ which java
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java

    It's fast and makes the background white :-)

`shell-command' seems to call /usr/bin/java instead of regarding my $PATH

$sh echo $PATH
/home/sebastian/bin/ext/maven/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin:/home/sebastian/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

Funny enough, the problem remains, if I start emacs from the bash
prompt. Seems that `shell-command' searches the standard directories
without regarding the environment?

Don't know yet, if this is related to the problem:

  Debian/Java - it's a stupid combination really. I installed the SUN java
  stuff using apt-get - it's odd:

  sh$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/java
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 28. Okt 20:35 /etc/alternatives/java ->
/usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/jre/bin/java

  Don't believe adjusting this helps, but I'd have to adjust all the
  other /etc/alternatives/java* stuff by hand anyway. Maybe I should
  file a bug report to Debian.

Adjusting the java path in org-exp-blocks directly fixes it.

Thanks,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de