[Orgmode] Re: Repeating tasks with a time period?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Repeating tasks with a time period?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:12:35 -0500

,----[ university.org ]

`----

> Also, is there anyway to stop the repeating event when it gets to that
> date? If that's not possible, I don't mind having to go in and
> manually remove the event - most changes happen at the end of a term
> anyawy.

No, repeating items go on forever (as far as I know)

I normally deal with this with a second deadline item to kill the task.
Something like this:

,----[ university.org ]
| * Classes
| ** TODO CSC243 Practical
|    SCHEDULED: <2008-10-28 Tue 11:00-13:00 +1w>
| *** TODO Task ends
|     DEADLINE: <2008-12-16 Tue -7d>

`----

and then I just remove the +1w from the CSC243 task and mark it and the
deadline task as done.

I would also recommend putting these tasks in a separate org file and
just adding it to your agenda with C-c [.  Then it's easy to drop it
from the agenda in the future with C-c ].

HTH,
Bernt