Re: [Orgmode] Anchors/targets in org-export/publish

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Anchors/targets in org-export/publish
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 22:27:57 +0100

On Nov 13, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

Question about org-export:

I'd like to create invisible radio targets to html anchor links using
org-export.

E.g.,

# <<radiotarget>>

should become

<a name="radiotarget"></a>

Currently, however, there are a couple of behaviors of org-exp.el that
make this difficult.

1) Org-export does convert invisible targets, but it puts paragraph
tags around the anchor, thus creating an empty line in the html
export, which messes up the layout.

        <a name="radiotarget">&nbsp;</a>

This actually only happens if you surround the anchor by empty
lines.  Put it directly before a paragraph, or inside one, and
this will not happen.

2) If the commented radio target is directly beneath or above a
headline, it is not exported. I checked org-exp.el and this seems to
be an intentional behavior. I'm not sure I understand the reasons
behind this, as it prevents one from giving custom anchors to
headlines.

This is especially important if one wants to be able to create

This is now fixed, the invisible targets are added as empty anchors
to the headline that must be directly before or after the anchor.