Re: [Orgmode] Publishing my personal website with Org-mode

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Publishing my personal website with Org-mode
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:28:37 -0600

address@hidden (Flávio de Souza) writes:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm new emacs and org-mode user. I've posted to this group sometimes and
> I got helpful hints. Now I need your help ( opinion ) about
> publishing html with org-mode.
>
> I decided to use emacs to make my personal website. Basically,
> I want to write essays, tutorials and my cv and put in internet. I also
> want to do a blog.
>
> I am using org-mode to keep tracking of all my projects and it is working
> really nice, therefore I'd like to try org-mode to make my web site.
>
> I would like to know some web sites that are using org-mode. Can you point
> some of them?

Hi Flavio,

I just began a website with org-publish for many of the same reasons
you mention:

http://faculty.valpo.edu/mlundin/

Of course, there's the org-mode website itself:

http://orgmode.org/

As well as Worg, the org-mode wiki:

http://orgmode.org/worg/

> Can I use org-mode to make my blog too? Do you use it for that?

For blogs there is the discontinued blorg.el, which uses its own
export mechanism (i.e., not org-export):

- http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/blorg.php
- http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Blorg

There's also org-blog (a bit out of date now), though I haven't been
able to get it to work with more recent versions of org-publish.
Perhaps someone else who's had more luck will offer their opinion
here.

- http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OrgBlog.

Hope this helps.

Matt