Re: [Orgmode] A few new user questions, Custom agenda views, calendar in

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A few new user questions, Custom agenda views, calendar in frame, and Hyperlinks on win32
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:51:49 -0500

Jonathan Arkell <address@hidden> wrote:

> Secondly, I am having an issue where my Calendar is popping up in a
> new frame all the time, either when scheduling an item or through
> remember.  I’d rather it pop up in a new window instead.  Is this
> possible?

Check the variable calendar-setup. Setting it to nil should do what you want:

    calendar-setup is a variable defined in `calendar.el'.
    Its value is nil

    Documentation:
    The frame setup of the calendar.
    The choices are: `one-frame' (calendar and diary together in one separate,
    dedicated frame); `two-frames' (calendar and diary in separate, dedicated
    frames); `calendar-only' (calendar in a separate, dedicated frame); with
    any other value the current frame is used.  Using any of the first
    three options overrides the value of `calendar-view-diary-initially-flag'.

Nick