Re: [Orgmode] Publishing my personal website with Org-mode

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Publishing my personal website with Org-mode
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:07:25 +0100

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Flavio,
>>>
>>> I just began a website with org-publish for many of the same reasons
>>> you mention:
>>>
>>> http://faculty.valpo.edu/mlundin/
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> Is your table of contents simply standard org fair with some special
>> css?
>>
>> Here's my little offering : http://richardriley.net/
>>

> Yes, the horizontal TOC is standard org with some CSS styling. I still
> have concerns about its usability, but I like the look of it.
>
> I very much like the clean design of your website.
>
> Matt

There are some hacks there since I never really got around to
understanding the java script stuff for navigation., but yeah, I really
tried to keep it low bandwidth and "clean". Yours is a super example of
clean and functional too IMO. There's simply too much clutter on most
sites and we all need to do our little bit to reduce transfer overhead
IMO - not that my little business site is totally innocent :-;