[Orgmode] Re: org-browse-url.el: Bookmark from a browser into org links

From: Ross Patterson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-browse-url.el: Bookmark from a browser into org links
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:45:33 -0800

Ross Patterson <address@hidden> writes:

>> For some time now I've been wanting to put pages from FF into the org
>> stored links where the page title is used as the description.  I ran
>> across org-annotation-helper.el but I don't use remember and didn't like
>> it's approach of automatically inserting the link somewhere or popping
>> up a buffer.
>>
>> I prefer the way org-mode handles links which allows me to collect links
>> while I'm there and then file them into my org buffers when I get back
>> to them.  So I wrote the attached library to accomodate exactly this.
>> To use it, follow the instructions in the commentary.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>> Ross
>
> Always with forgetting the attachment.  All this technology, and I still
> don't know how to use it.  :)

One more note.  I use this by also giving the bookmarklet a keyword of
"l".  Then whenever I want to org-link a page, I just hit C-l to get the
location bar and then type "l" and hit RET.  Then the page is in the org
links ring.  This is only valuable if like me you don't have the
bookmarks tool bar or side bar cause you hate wasting space.  :)

Ross