Re: [Orgmode] Prevent footnotes from becoming superscript(in HTML)

From: Saptarshi Guha
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Prevent footnotes from becoming superscript(in HTML)
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 01:38:01 -0500

Thanks, i think your first suggestion works for me.
Regards
Saptarshi

On Dec 8, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

"Saptarshi Guha" <address@hidden> writes:

Hello
I am using footnotes extensively, e.g Boo[1] but I would like org- mode
to not export them as superscripts i.e I would like the exported HTML
to look like Boo[1] and not Boo ^{[1]}.
Is there a way to do this?

One way to get rid of the superscript would be to add a style
declaration to your export.

#+STYLE: <style type="text/css"> sup { vertical-align: baseline } </ style>

If you want brackets, you can add the following line to the top of
your org file:

#+STYLE: <style type="text/css"> sup { vertical-align: baseline; } \
sup:before { content: " ["; } sup:after {content: "]" } </ style>

Not surprisingly, this doesn't work for IE.

Otherwise, I believe you'd have to hack the relevant functions in
org-exp.el to get rid of the the <sup> tags. (Someone else please
correct me if I'm wrong.)

Regards,

Matt

Thank you