[Orgmode] Re: Automatic Timestamp Update

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Automatic Timestamp Update
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:03:51 +0000

On 2008-12-09, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2008-12-08, David A. Gershman <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I have my "orgmode" structured in multiple files.  However, every time I
>> save a file I wouldn't mind a "last modified" time stamp to be updated.
>>  I thought emacs itself had something of this nature but I'm wondering
>> if anyone has a different idea/method, perhaps orgmode-specific.
>
> Can't help you with something orgmode specific but Emacs does indeed
> have something that will do this for you.  Have a look at
> "time-stamp".  You can have file specific settings for time-stamp.
> [...]

I should have also added that, besides the bits in the org files, you
need to add the time-stamp command to the write-file-hook list so that
time-stamp is automatically invoked whenever you write the file out:

(add-hook 'write-file-hooks 'time-stamp)

This should be in your .emacs (or equivalent).

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL