[Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-gnus-follow-link

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-gnus-follow-link
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:37:46 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> huh, that's strange. The patched version was really in effect here
>> when the tests failed. I've just updated Gnus to the latest (CVS)
>> version but again, it's not fixed for me ... and maybe it cannot be
>> fixed. The whole subject reminds me of the old Gnus "wrong article
>> count problem".
>
> Exactly that's the problem.
>
> Please do a test for me:
>
> 1. Enter a group in Gnus
> 2. Delete the last article
> 3. Exit summary
> 4. Try `C-u 1 RET' on the group.  It should issue "No unread news".
> 5. Do `M-: (gnus-activate-group "<group-name>" t) RET'
> 6. Try `C-u 1 RET' on the group again.  Now it should be opened and
>    summary should contain one article.
>
> If you get different results it seems to be due to your gnus version.  I
> use the one included in emacs 23 and update daily, so it might be more
> up to date than your copy.  Maybe try to update yours, too.

done that. I was under the wrong impression that the CVS on cvs.gnus.org
holds the latest version of Gnus but it seems it just has the release
from 1st May. It seems that latest Gnus is now available from the Emacs
CVS only (sorry for my ignorance). I installed that version here (5.13
as of today, see User-Agent header) but again the summary buffer is not
opened. Do you know (and remember) what has changed in Gnus sources
since 1st May that made the "wrong article count"-bug go away?

Ulf