Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 07:45:11 -0800

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

>> 3. Maybe what would be even beter is to build on Eric Schultes collector
>>    function an make something that would create a custom able from
>>    selected properties of matched entries.  That could then be
>>    incorporated into a dynamic block so that it can be easily updated.
>>    Eric, would you like to comment?
>
> I was only vaguely aware of org-collector. I'll have to take a closer
> look. I'm assuming that a dynamic block function based on
> org-collector would be the most robust option, since one could then
> choose create new subsets of data by changing the parameters. Is that
> correct?

Hi,

Sorry about the slow reply.

I believe org-collector could be helpful in this scenario.  In response
to this thread I've changed org-collector so that it will preserve
#+TBLFM lines.  The latest version is available here.

http://github.com/eschulte/org-contrib/raw/master/org-collector.el

Using this version, the example below works for me.  Notice that while
org-collector can perform arbitrary elisp functions over the properties
of any single header it can't --currently-- run functions over multiple
headers, which is why the #+TBLFM line is required.  Hopefully this
works for you.

Best -- Eric

* Example

#+BEGIN: propview :id "december" :cols (ITEM amount spendtype (if (string=
spendtype "food") amount 0))
| "ITEM"                           | "amount" | "spendtype" | "(if (string=
spendtype \"food\") amount 0)" |
|----------------------------------+----------+-------------+----------------------------------------------|
| "Week One"                       |        0 | 0           |
                         0 |
| "Grocery Store [2008-12-01 Mon]" |    56.77 | "food"      |
                     56.77 |
| "Athletic club [2008-12-02 Tue]" |     75.0 | "health"    |
                         0 |
| "Week Two "                      |        0 | 0           |
                         0 |
| "Restaurant [2008-12-08 Mon]"    |    30.67 | "food"      |
                     30.67 |
|                                  |          |             |
                     87.44 |
#+TBLFM: @7$4=vsum(@address@hidden)
#+END:

** December Spending