[Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-gnus-follow-link

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with org-gnus-follow-link
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:56:30 +0100

Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ulf,

>> Please do a test for me:
>>
>> 1. Enter a group in Gnus
>> 2. Delete the last article
>> 3. Exit summary
>> 4. Try `C-u 1 RET' on the group.  It should issue "No unread news".
>> 5. Do `M-: (gnus-activate-group "<group-name>" t) RET'
>> 6. Try `C-u 1 RET' on the group again.  Now it should be opened and
>>    summary should contain one article.
>>
>> If you get different results it seems to be due to your gnus version.
>> I use the one included in emacs 23 and update daily, so it might be
>> more up to date than your copy.  Maybe try to update yours, too.
>
> done that. I was under the wrong impression that the CVS on
> cvs.gnus.org holds the latest version of Gnus but it seems it just has
> the release from 1st May. It seems that latest Gnus is now available
> from the Emacs CVS only (sorry for my ignorance).

There's nothing to excuse.  I wasn't aware that the versions diverged
that much, too.

> I installed that version here (5.13 as of today, see User-Agent
> header)

How?  Did you checkout GNU Emacs and copy all the gnus-related files
somewhere?

> but again the summary buffer is not opened.

That's really strange.  BTW: What backend did you use for testing?  I
used nnimap.  MAybe that makes the difference...

> Do you know (and remember) what has changed in Gnus sources since 1st
> May that made the "wrong article count"-bug go away?

No, till that date there were 111 commits in emacs/lisp/gnus.

Bye,
Tassilo