Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Saving column views in agenda
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:00:00 +0100

On Dec 11, 2008, at 10:34 PM, address@hidden wrote:

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Matthew,

Good idea.  I've added a :conds parameter which can do just that, see
the example below.  Notice that :conds should be a list of tests, not
just one single test, if this proves awkward it would be easy to add
a :cond parameter which doesn't require a list.

Thanks for the update. This is fantastic! It makes it very easy to put
a subset of property data in a nice, clean table and thus adds
powerful spreadsheet functionality to org-mode.

One issue with this setup, is that it's not clear what a stable way
would be to specify the #+TBLFM line. Since the size of the table could
vary the field in which the sum should be placed could move around.
With the table below a #+TBLFM line like this

 #+TBLFM: @II+1$2=vsum(@address@hidden)

would work, but currently org-table does not allow the @I style
references before the = sign in the table formula.  I wonder if this
would be hard difficult to change?

I considered the same thing when I inquired about selecting for a
particular condition--namely, that it would interfere the #+TBLFM
formula.

If allowing for the @I reference before the equal is not possible, I
wonder whether another notation could be added to org-table that would
designate the last field in a column (or row)---since such fields are
often used to show the results of calculations. That would enable one
to create a stable formula that would survive changes to the number of
rows in a table. (In other words, one could add rows to the table and
still ensure that the formula is attached to the last row.)

One more remark to this last statement. For interactive use, if you add lines to a table using the correct commands like S-M-down, the formulas will be automatically adjusted so that a pointer to a field below this inserted line will still reference that same field.

Ah, I would like to rewrite the entire table code to make this spreadsheet stuff easier to maintain and improve......

I'd agree,
however, that begin able to use @I before the equal would be
preferable, because then (as far as I understand it) one could
designate arbitrary "fixed" positions in tables with hlines.

Thanks,

Matt