[Orgmode] Re: Footnotes and org-export, revisited

From: Paul R
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Footnotes and org-export, revisited
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:29:17 +0100

Carsten> If Paul agrees, and if he has signed the papers with the FSF,
Carsten> we can integrate his code into Org-mode.

I do agree and I do have assigned copyrights to the FSF, but from the
technical point of view I would prefer to see plain anonymous footnotes
as explained above. I might implement it myself in case everybody agrees
on it but nobody has time for it.

Can others express their views on pros and cons of the two following
usages :

* Usage 1, anonymous footnotes

Karate or karate-do is a martial art developed in the Ryukyu Islands
from indigenous fighting methods and Chinese kenpō[fn:: Kenpo is the
name of several martial arts]. It is primarily a striking art using
punching, kicking, knee and elbow strikes and open-handed techniques
such as knife-hands and ridge-hands.

Grappling, locks, restraints, throws, and vital point strikes are taught
in some styles. A karate practitioner is called a karateka.

* Usage 2, keyword named footnotes

Karate or karate-do is a martial art developed in the Ryukyu Islands
from indigenous fighting methods and Chinese kenpō[fn:kenpo]. It is
primarily a striking art using punching, kicking, knee and elbow strikes
and open-handed techniques such as knife-hands and ridge-hands.

[fn:kenpo] Kenpo is the name of several martial arts

--
  Paul