[Orgmode] bugs in C-*

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: [Orgmode] bugs in C-*
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:57:54 -0800

I just discovered the very handy C-* function -- I've been converting lists to headlines manually! But I also discovered a couple of bugs:

If I select a region containing a plain list and then type C-*, org mode adds the leading stars but doesn't remove the plain list symbols, for example, this:

 * headline
   - list 1
   - list 2

is converted to this:

* headline
*** - list 1
*** - list 2

Also, if I'm at the end of a file so that the region can't be extended beyond the end of the last item in the list, then that item isn't converted. In other words, I get this:

* headline
*** - list 1
 - list 2

Thanks,