Re: [Orgmode] Does secondary filtering allow multiple tags?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Does secondary filtering allow multiple tags?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 12:12:44 +0100

Hi Hsiu,

nice hack.  But I am still wondering why you do not
use "primary filtering" for this, i.e. a tags search
for "project1|project2"

    C-c a m project1|project2 RET

- Carsten

On Jan 9, 2009, at 8:18 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

* On Fri 07:38AM +0000, 09 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (address@hidden ) wrote:

On Jan 9, 2009, at 2:55 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:

Hi all,

Suppose I have tagged some of my TODO headings.  In an agenda view,
is it
currently possible to filter (using org-agenda-filter-by-tag) all
entries that
are tagged with (say) either "project1" _or_ "project2"?  One can
certainly do
"project1" _and_ "project2" by narrowing the filter.

No.

- Carsten

Here's a workaround. I use org-map-entries to select all headlines directly tagged with "project1" or "project2" and tag them with something unique, say "CUR". Then I can use the ordinary filter mechanism in an agenda view to
restrict to headlines tagged with "CUR".

,----
| (setq cur_tags '("project1" "project2"))
|
| ;; Unbind the variable
| ;; (makunbound 'cur_tags)
|
| (setq match_string (concat "+TAGS={" (mapconcat (lambda (x) x)
|                                               cur_tags "\|") "}"))
|
| ;; Remove the "CUR" tag:
| (org-map-entries '(org-toggle-tag "CUR") "CUR" 'agenda)
|
| ;; Turn on the CUR tag for all headlines (directly) tagged with
| ;; any member of cur_tags
| (org-map-entries '(org-toggle-tag "CUR" 'on) match_string 'agenda)
|
| ;; Count the number of headlines (directly) tagged with any member of
| ;; cur_tags:
| (length (org-map-entries t match_string 'agenda))
`----

Maybe someone will find this useful, or think of a more elegant solution.

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.