[Orgmode] Attachment feature - Can I have custom directories?

From: Jason Jackson
Subject: [Orgmode] Attachment feature - Can I have custom directories?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 12:47:36 +1100

There are many times where I would like to associate an org-mode item with a specific directory of my choosing for attachment directory.

Such that, C-c C-a f would open for example ~/docs/project1
and C-c C-a o would open the file inside

Of course, I still like the existing functionality of generating random directory names too.

Can org-mode do this?

Also I should mention C-c C-a l (for symbolic links) just copies the file on the windows platform, can we have it create a shortcut instead?

Cheers,
Jason