[Orgmode] Re: export to latex

From: Uwe Jochum
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: export to latex
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:50:05 +0100

Just to add one additional (quite useless data point).. I tried the
example file and it did seem to hang with Emacs consuming lots of CPU.
Although export to HTML worked for the file.  Not just the example
file.. my other files also got stuck at PDF export.  Then I rebooted
Emacs and tried PDF export first thing (i.e. w/o exporting to HTML
first) and it myteriously worked for all files.

Here's a trick that works on my office machine (Windows XP, Emacs 22.3.1): Before exporting to LaTeX I export to html. That done an export to LaTeX works fine (all four commands). I have no clue why this is necessary on my WinXP machine. At home, on my Linux machine, a prior export to html is uneccessary before exporting to LaTeX.

Regards,

Uwe