Re: [Orgmode] Re: [IDEA] HTML-export literal examples to textarea

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [IDEA] HTML-export literal examples to textarea
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:31:19 +0100

On Jan 19, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 16, 2009, at 10:51 AM, Ulf Stegemann wrote:

Is it worth thinking about an example block that will be exported to a

I was recently playing around with org for online documentation. The
documents contained lots of literal examples that can be directly copied and pasted e.g. into a terminal emu. While example- and src blocks work
fine, I think that putting this kind of information into a textarea
would be even better.

Hi Ulf, so far I fail to see what the big advantage would be.  Can
you try again to explain?

of course. Generally, selecting text is a bit easier inside an input box
but the very real advantage is that you can edit inside inputs. This
allows to give literal examples with "variables" that can be changed
directly inside the page before being copied and pasted.

Hmmm, but why would you want to edit them in the text window, if you
will paste them into an editor anyway, where you probably can edit
them a lot easier?  Or are you talking about pasting examples
directly into an interpreter input stream?

- Carsten