Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-Mode in Windows

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org-Mode in Windows
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:41:01 +0530

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Manager Leader wrote:
> Hi Manish,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I tried what you said:
> (add-to-list 'load-path "C:/path/to/org-mode/lisp")
> (require 'org-install)
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))
> (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
>
> But I had to create a .emacs file (.emacs filename and no extension - not
> sure if this is right). I placed 2 copies - 1 where runemacs.exe is located
> (c:/emacs/bin) and another in c:/emacs - but it seems like there's no effect
> on the behaviour of org-mode... So I think there's a problem with reading
> the .emacs..
>
> I have already set the path: C:\emacs\bin\ and Added environmental variables
> HOME = c:\emacs\

How are you setting up the environment variable?  I set it up a user
variable under:

1. Windows Explorer
2. My Computer
3. (right click)
4. Properties
5. Advanced Tab
6. Environment Variables

Do restart Emacs for this to take effect.

You can load .emacs using "M-x laod-file <RET>" and navigating to the
file as well while you resolve the issue.

HTH
--
Manish