[Orgmode] Re: A much simpler way of handling dependent tasks

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A much simpler way of handling dependent tasks
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:47:53 +0100

Do you think it makes sense to integrate this code into org-depend.el?

- Carsten

On Jan 26, 2009, at 10:16 PM, John Wiegley wrote:

I've been wanting a simple method for managing dependent tasks for some time now, and only now did it occur to me that I could just implement a much simpler method using your current blocking mechanism.

The attached file, confusingly named org-depends.el, implements the following scheme:

1. Any TODO which has incomplete child TODOs is blocked.

2. If a parent TODO has the ORDERED property, it's children must be
   completed in order.  Undone siblings block later siblings.

3. Blocked items are greyed out in the agenda list.

John

<org-depends.el>