[Orgmode] Re: A much simpler way of handling dependent tasks

From: John Wiegley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A much simpler way of handling dependent tasks
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:31:22 -0400

On Jan 27, 2009, at 2:47 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

Do you think it makes sense to integrate this code into org-depend.el?

Actually, I don't, since it's a completely different approach. org- depend.el as it stands now is based on a programmatic methodology, which more complex blocking schemes could be built on top of.

I think this module represents something much simpler, which should be toggled by a single global boolean to indicate "on" or "off". My preference would be to see it mainlined, if that meets with your approval, Carsten.

John