Re: [Orgmode] M-TAB completion of options in indirect buffers

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] M-TAB completion of options in indirect buffers
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:33:35 +0100

Fixed in 6.20, thanks.

- Carsten

On Jan 27, 2009, at 5:31 PM, Shaun Johnson wrote:

With Emacs 22.1.1 and Org-mode 6.17c if I am editing a subtree in an indirect buffer
(via C-c C-x b) and try to complete an option (i.e. a line starting #+) then I get the
following backtrace (bytecodes elided):

   Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
     file-name-nondirectory(nil)
     org-get-current-options()
     byte-code("...
     org-complete(nil)
     call-interactively(org-complete)
     recursive-edit()
     byte-code("...
     debug(error (wrong-type-argument stringp nil))
     file-name-nondirectory(nil)
     org-get-current-options()
     byte-code("...
     org-complete(nil)
     call-interactively(org-complete)

This seems to be because org-get-current-options uses buffer-file-name to determine the
category but buffer-file-name is nil in an indirect buffer.

If this has been fixed in a later version of Org mode or Emacs I will be happy (ish) to
upgrade.

Thanks,

Shaun.