Re: [Orgmode] Empty lines between headers

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Empty lines between headers
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:06:59 +1100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 07:46:21AM +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
> a relatively recent change is causing this new behavior.
>
> The default is now to automatically insert an empty line
> if the current headline does also have an empty line before it.
>
> So If you have an empty line before "header 1", then you
> will get an empty line before "header 2".  However, if you
> then go back and remove the empty line before "header 2"
> and afterwards insert a "header 3", no empty line will be
> inserted.
> The same is true for plain list items.
>
> It seems to me that this is the best behavior, but if
> you always prefer no empty line, customize the variable
> `org-blank-before-new-entry'.

Ah, I could SWEAR I tried getting rid of blank lines, but it seems I
didn't. Now to customise that variable and report my customisation.

The idea you had about org-mode spyware isn't so bad. I'm sure there's
a startup somewhere that would pay for that information ;-)

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/