Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode not loading properly on startup

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode not loading properly on startup
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:34:49 +0100

Do you have set up to make .org files automatically enter org-mode?

What happens if you use C-x C-f to open the file?

- Carsten

On Jan 30, 2009, at 11:05 AM, Paul Mead wrote:

On Jan 30, 2009, at 10:40 AM, Paul Mead wrote:

Just a niggling issue here, I have a function set up to load my main org
file work.org.

(defun gtd()
(interactive)
(find-file "~/.gtd/work.org")
)

Straightforward enough, but since I downloaded v6.20 I then have to
manually switch using M-x org-mode. Otherwise the faces are all wrong, hidden stars don't work, etc. Interestingly the mode line shows 'org'
before and after. Once I manually switch it on, everything is fine.

There was a problem with faces, can you try to get 6.20g
and let me know if it works there?

Also, can you look at the messages buffer, to see if there
is anything strange in there???

- Carsten

Hi Carsten,

I am already using 6.20g and the behaviour is the same. I can't see
anything funny in the *Messages* buffer, but here are the contents
immediately after running M-x gtd

("C:\\Program Files\\emacs-22.3\\bin\\emacs.exe")
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
OVERVIEW

Paul