Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode not loading properly on startup

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-mode not loading properly on startup
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:29:27 +0100

On Jan 30, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Paul Mead wrote:

Do you have set up to make .org files automatically enter org-mode?

What happens if you use C-x C-f to open the file?

- Carsten

I have the following:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))

If I use C-x C-f the behaviour is the same for the first .org file which I open. Any subsequent files that I open behave normally, whether or not
I manually start org-mode.

I have also tried opening files in different order - work.org and
home.org. Which ever one I open first after starting emacs fails to show
the faces, hide stars, etc. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong
with the files themselves therefore.

I don't have enough to work on here.

Any other ideas anyone?  Maybe more windows people to test this?
Maybe Paul needs to share his full setup, or try to minimize it while keeping the error?

- Carsten

Other org-mode functions such as TAB to hide/show contents work fine.

Paul