Re: [Orgmode] icalendar importing

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] icalendar importing
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:41:33 +0100

On Jan 30, 2009, at 8:18 PM, Dale Smith wrote:

Howdy list,

My company recently moved to an exchange server (ugh!) and so now i've
been getting icalendar meeting requests.  I have
icalendar-import-buffer in my gnus-article-prepare-hook, and that
works well enough to add things to my diary.  Diary entries show up im
my appointemts, so that's good, but I'd like to add them to an org
file instead.  Is there anything similar to icalendar-import-buffer
but creates a task in org format insteat of diary format?

I believe there is icalendar to diary and back, this is part
of Emacs and documented in the Emacs manual, node "Importing Diary"

There is no direct import into Org-mode, but Org-mode
can include a diary file.

- Carsten

Thanks!
 -Dale
--
Dale P. Smith
address@hidden

(Company mandated disclaimer follows...)

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18
U.S.C. 2510-2521.

This information is confidential and is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.

Thank you.