Re: [Orgmode] Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.

From: James TD Smith
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:54:49 +0000

Hi Tom,

On 2009-01-31 13:36:20(-0500), Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:
> > Also, I am interested in the testing environment, and what
> > you made here may end up to be enough to establish a testing
> > framework for Org-mode.
>
> > If it turns out to be like this, maybe you can make a tutorial
> > on test creation and put that up on Worg?  I would be willing
> > to put the code needed for the testing environment into the
> > contrib directory.
>
> Certainly.  One thing, once my testing package rtest is in a stable state,
> I plan to release it on its own, possibly as a sourceforge project.  But I
> have no objection to you also putting in the org contrib directory.

As part of the rewrite of org-remember I am working on I have been adding tests
using ert (at the time I started it you suggested not to use rtest as it was
undergoing a lot of changes[1]). I haven't run into any problems with ert so
far, but I would be willing to switch to another testing package if it becomes
the standard for org-mode.

I'd like to take a look at rtest, but the only version of I can find on the web
is at http://www.panix.com/~tehom/my-code/rtest-3-0.tar.gz, which appears to be
from 2001. Is there a more recent version available?

James

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/8817

--
|-<James TD Smith>-<email/address@hidden>-|