Re: [Orgmode] Return on a task behaves like TAB

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Return on a task behaves like TAB
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:20:58 -0500

Ed Hirgelt <address@hidden> writes:

> On Feb 4, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>
>> A recent change to org-mode is driving me nuts.  I regularly use
>> Return
>> at the beginning of a task to insert a blank line and append detail to
>> the previous task.  This no longer works and cycles through the task's
>> folded status instead.
>
> That is interesting.  I do the same thing.  I am at 6.21a and the
> old behavior still works for me.  What version are you using?

I'm on today's version in git.

Org-mode version 6.21trans
Git commit be9557bf44b64bb1f1d85d04d398b7b48d24f935
GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian

I restarted Emacs and now it works again :/

My emacs session was running for a day to two and I've reloaded newer
versions of org-mode a few times.  C-h k RET was returning
org-open-at-point instead of org-return (like it does now after the
restart).

I'm not sure how this was modified but it's working again now.

Thanks!
-Bernt