[Orgmode] Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:08:47 +0100

Hi Tom,

I am now looking at org-decision and start to integrate it.

There is one point I'd like to discuss.

My preferred way to do the integration is opening a new hacking door
which will not require changes to org.el for other people doing similar stuff.

So my idea would be to search for

"^#\\+\\(\\([a-zA-Z]+\\)_\\)?TODO"

when scanning the buffer, i.e. that any keyword could precede TODO in such a line.

I would then like to call the filter hook, using that keyword as interpretation.

WIth you patch, we have right now

CHOOSE    as the prefix
choseness as the interpretation
org-decision as the name of the module.

My request would be to maybe use `choose' also as the
interpretation symbol, or, alternatively, CHOSENESS
as the prefix.

For customizing org-todo-keywords, instead of explicitly
offering `choseness', maybe we can use a symbol field
where people can type into.

That would turn your patch into a generally useful system
of hooks where other ideas could be implemented as well.

What do you think?

- Carsten