Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decisio

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Docs submitted (Was Re: Advice sought on managing decision alternatives.)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:56:40 +0530

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Manish wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> OK, I've add comments, keywords, and some docstrings I forgot to
>>> org-choose.el, and I wrote a standalone doc. Both are attached.
>>
>> This is very intriguing functionality. I tried to follow your and
>> Casten's
>> earlier exchanges but could understand only a little. So I tried to
>> follow
>> your tutorial but I am getting stuck at switching the `choosenness' of
>> items.
>> I get following error when I try to switch to any state from "no state".
>> Once
>> I assign a state by typing it out manually (as opposed to using state
>> switching commands), I can then switch between states but the error
>> repeats
>> when I try to switch to "MAYBE" state.
>>
>> ,----
>> | save-excursion: Symbol's function definition is void:
>> outline-up-heading-all
>> `----
>
> Hmm, not sure if I messed up there - so I fixed this bug. Tom,
> please check if I did this right.

This issue is gone for me.  Thanks.

>> So far, my understaning is that only one item can be in "YES" state. If I
>> try
>> to switch another item to "YES" then the existing "YES" will be demoted
>> to "MAYBE". So for a two-state choosenness only one item can be in CHOOSE
>> state while all others will switch to NOT_CHOOSEN state.. is that
>> understanding correct?

With three choices for choosenness, it works as I expected (only one item in
CHOSEN state at a time) but for more choices like:

#+CHOOSE_TODO: REJECTED(r) NOT_CHOSEN(n,-) MAYBE(,0)
LEANING_TOWARDS(l) CHOSEN(c,+)

it allows multiple items to be in CHOSEN state.  How do we interpret that?

--
Manish