Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX Export "$"s

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: LaTeX Export "$"s
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:58:16 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mar 10/2/09, Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> Sorry for the late reply. This is regarind a bug in LaTeX
> export.
> The trouble seems to happen when autofill is used. It
> might be caused by something else. I am not sure. The thing
> is
> that Org sometimes misintpretate $ as the currency symbolar
> rather than "math" as in LaTeX-lingu. IMO the use
> of $ as a
> currency symbol should be optional.
hi, Rasmus,

you should use \(  \) for a "well-exported" math environment
and not "$"  ;-)

as stated in the maual:

11.3 LaTeX fragments
====================
Text within the usual LaTeX math delimiters.  To avoid conflicts
     with currency specifications, single `$' characters are only
     recognized as math delimiters
     if the enclosed text contains at most two line breaks,
     is directly attached to the `$' characters
     with no whitespace in between,
     and if the closing `$' is followed
     by whitespace, punctuation or a dash.  For the other delimiters,
     there is no such restriction, so when in doubt, use `\(...\)' as
     inline math delimiters.

Giovanni

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail..yahoo.com/