[Orgmode] Re: Suppress linkification of external links possible?

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Suppress linkification of external links possible?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:05:56 +0100

Thank you for all the quick responses :)

Unfortunately, none of the proposed solutions really applies to the
problem I have (That's however entirely my fault, I should have made
things a bit clearer.).

The workarounds (except for one) concentrate on making a link caused by a
literal invalid address to become a valid link. However, what I like to
achieve is some sort of escaping that prevents org-mode from generating
a link at all (especially for HTML exporting).

Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can write:
>
> 1. [[ ][http://gateway.example.org]]
>     ^^^ please note the space here
>    when converted it should refer to
>    http://your-server/yourfile#

Works, but still creates a link.

> 2. use valid addresses ;-)

Unfortunately, this isn't an option.

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

> a dirty hackish aproach:
>
> (defun sr-no-link (href)
>   "Links, that are no links"
>   "#")
>
> (setq org-link-abbrev-alist
>        '(("man"       . "http://localhost/devel/man.php?q=man&amp;what=%s";)
>          ;; ... many more ...
>          ("dummy" . sr-no-link))
>
>   [[dummy:][http://gateway.example.org]]
>
> It's still displayed as link then, but the browsers do nothing ;-)

Goes in the same direction: a link is still created.

Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can customize the variable org-activate-links and remove "plain"
> from the list.

This would work (I guess), but is AFAIK to be set globally, thus
resulting in the loss of all other plain text links.

What I was originally looking for was some sort of escape
character/special markup that would prevent creating links at all, like
\http://...\ . This would also allow us to use other markups on plain
text links, something that - AFAIK - is currently not possible (like

Ulf